Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Pure Joy

Jubilee is a time of rejoicing and celebration. Kate means pure.

Jubilee Kate McNeilly was born at 7:46 a.m. on June 22, 2011 to proud parents: Dani (my little sister) and Alex McNeilly. She weighed a healthy 8 lbs 11 oz. Not anywhere close to her aunt, uncle, and mommy in weight, but she was right on time (and we were all at least 2 weeks late!).

My dad picked me up from work yesterday afternoon and we drove down to Bloomington together. My mom and Alex's mom (the two Nana's!) had been at the hospital since the early morning. Little Jubilee had to spend her first day in the nursery as she had a little meconium in her lungs. She was on oxygen and monitors, but by this morning she was free from the machine and with her mommy and daddy!

I had the privilege of being one of the first people to hold her! And photograph her! I took just a few (well, over 100) pictures and here are some of my favorites...

She is
Pure
Joy.







No comments:

Post a Comment